Monday, October 15, 2007

Your Beliefs Are True...Only to You!

When I tell some people to change their beliefs, they often say, 'are you crazy? What do you mean change my beliefs? How can I change my beliefs? My beliefs are true! What if I really am lousy and forgetful? What if learning is really boring? I cannot change that!'

What you must remember is that beliefs are never real! They are only true to the person who believes it. If it were really true, it would be a fact! Instead, beliefs are nothing but opinions. And no matter what beliefs you have, there is always someone else that believes something opposite. For every person that believes that mathematics is boring, there is someone else who believes it is fun.

So, instead of asking if a belief is really true (it is only true if you believe it), you must ask if the beliefs will empower you to succeed. If they empower you, then you must adopt the belief. If it limits you, then you have to abandon the belief.



START BY CHANGING TO MORE EMPOWERING BELIEFS

1 comment:

alwaysLovely said...

I've linked your site on my blog.
I took my action, your turn hee:)